Services for Solicitors
Our Solicitors' Accounts Rules Programme is designed to work closely with you in:
- Satisfying the reporting requirements of the SAR 1998
- Providing our clients with a comprehensive but cost-effective service
At Branston Adams, we plan our work to ensure:
- it is carried out efficiently and effectively to an agreed timetable
- risk areas are identified
- sufficient, but not excessive, evidence is obtained
- controls built into the client money accounting systems are reviewed and compared with the Law Society's guidelines
At the end of the programme we will produce an Accountants Report, which will be discussed with the client before being submitted to the Law Society.
The Branston Adams partner who signs off the Accountants Report will act for a number of legal clients and will be extremely familiar with the Rules.
As a standard part of our work we also produce a report for the client identifying any weaknesses or problems that we have identified during the course of our work. We will make constructive, commercially aware suggestions as to how these matters can be remedied.
All staff undertaking the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules programme are fully trained.
Attending the annual technical training conference ensures their knowledge and skills are kept up-to-date.
It is our policy to keep clients fully informed of actual and proposed developments in the regulatory environment, especially the SAR. We provide training and support as required to practice managers and cashiers.